Monday, July 14, 2008

Journal

Yo Peeps-

I miss my friends. But I'm learning Chicago pretty well, and feeling more comfortable here. I can't wait to see Austin again, though, so don't think I'm gone forever. I've been writing a lot of songs up here. Throwing yourself into circumstances such as mine can make you look at life in a very poetic way. It's amazing. Everything I see and experience just seems like a song waiting to happen. Walks I take, conversations I fake, the rising stakes. The sun is usually rising when I go to bed. It's all very romantic. I can't wait for y'all to hear some of the new stuff. Some of it might make it on the new record. We'll see. There is a party bus boarding outside right now and it's taking everyone to a rock show. I'm definitely getting on it. And that ain't no metaphor. I kind of love this city.

Danny

P.S. Please keep up the voting for the ACL Festival contest...I am in 5th right now with a month to go! Please vote here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess handing a girl your ep. while waiting for a bus is a good way to gain a fan. I can't seem to get Baby Bleu out of my head... or the man who sings it. I thought I saved your number, seems this new phone is out to get me. Maybe I'll see you at Horseshoe, or the Sub. Glad you asked for directions, even if I don't know how to give them.